Client Services Representative Position
The Client Services Representative will provide superior clientservice and communication to new and existing clients, processing deposit and withdrawal requests, balancing teller drawer and vault on a daily basis, and processing a variety of other transactions as needed.
A. Accept deposits for checking, savings, certificate of deposits and loan payment. Verify cash and check endorsements following proper bank procedures. Cash checks and process savings withdrawals. Issue official checks, money orders and accept cash advances. Balance cash drawer multiple times per day following the proper cash limits approved by the Board of Directors. Assist other departments with various tasks. Assist clients with all banking and bookkeeping needs.
- Greet and welcome all clients to Bank of Bozeman in a timely manner both in the lobby and on the phone.
- Obtain a basic knowledge of deposit products and non-deposit products. Attend periodic training sessions and stay abreast of new policy, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Make recommendations to supervisor about possible methods to improve the department and/or Bank.
- Cross sell bank products by referring clients to Financial Service Representatives or Loan department as needed.
To perform this position successfully, individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and must be knowledgeable and experienced in bank operations and accounting. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or equivalent
Cash handling experience, experience with ITI Premier and Insight Teller helpful but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people at all levels, utilizing proven communication skills, interpersonal and client relations skills
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in some instances under limited
- Be able to deal tactfully and efficiently with the public
- Knowledge of bank products and services
- Knowledge of bank policies and procedures
- Basic bank accounting knowledge
- Understand, communicate and promote Bank of Bozeman’s mission
- Complete designated training programs
The position may require sitting or standing for excessive periods, answering multi-line telephone inquiries, operating office equipment, substantial reading and writing requiring corrective vision.
Consists of a normal office environment with good lighting; generally little exposure to excessive dust, humidity or temperature; moderate noise levellimited to the operation of printers, computer equipment, typewriters, telephones, background music and conversation. Work hours may include holiday hours.